The young have a good time, the old revel in their memories. Different generations talk to each other with Aleksander Fredro's refined verses.
Jan Englert revitalises the classic work of the Polish playwright. The scenography designed by Barbara Hanicka combines an idyllic landscape with modern elements, alongside a reflective mood established by Leszek Możdżer’s music. Meanwhile, life is pulsating to the rhythm and melody of the words. Women revolt, men begin making advances. The young are accompanied by the adults who nostalgically return to unfulfilled passions. Fascinating and ambiguous love games are played.
director: Jan Englert
set design: Barbara Hanicka
music: Leszek Możdżer
lighting design: Mirosław Poznański
Mrs. Dobrojska (guest actor)
Klara (guest actor)
Gustav (guest actor)
*** (guest actor)
and Zbigniew Bogdański (guest actor) as Jan.
- director's assistant: Anna Turowiec
- set designer's assistants: Jadwiga Michalska, Anita Trzaskowska
- lighting technicians: Zbigniew Szulim, Andrzej Szwaczyk
- sound technicians: Mariusz Maszewski, Rafał Barański
- stage manager: Krzysztof Kuszczyk
- prompter: Jolanta Szydłowska