The Bald Soprano
Do the limits of my language mean the limits of my world? The manifesto of the Theatre of the Absurd directed by Maciej Prus.
The Smiths, the Martins, the maid and the Fire Chief. They babble. Unable to express any thought or feeling, these characters embody the nonsense of everyday conversations and public speeches. Their language expands and fills up the cosmos, revealing its absurdity. A classic comedy of the 20th-century.
director: Maciej Prus
set design: Boris Kudlička
costume design: Jagna Janicka
lighting design: Maciej Igielski
Mr. Smith Artur Żmijewski (guest actor)
Mrs. Smith Ewa Wiśniewska
Mr. Martin Jacek Mikołajczak
Mrs. Martin Anna Seniuk
Mary, the maid Beata Fudalej
The Fire Chief Grzegorz Kwiecień
- set designer's assistants: Arkadiusz Chrustowski, Elwira Szyszka
- costume designer's assistant: Anita Trzaskowska
- lighting technicians: Łukasz Obuch-Woszczatyński, Tomasz Księżak, Kacper Bobylak
- sound technicians: Marcin Kotwa, Maciej Rybicki
- video projection: Mariusz Chałubek, Paweł Woźniak
- stage manager, prompter: Ewa Dworecka
Licence for this stage production was granted by the Society of Authors – ZAiKS.